The Invisible Animals organisation: Hero for the egg-laying hens!How does your donation help?
Kui lähedal oleme eesmärgi saavutamisele?
How does your donation help?
Hens spend their whole lives in small cages without ever seeing the sunlight or being able to spread their wings. Sparkle the hen is one of them. She spends her days in a space comparable to the size of an A4 paper, where she has no room to perform all the natural behaviors of chickens.
Due to overcrowding and stress, hens peck each other and cause injuries among themselves. Too many of the chickens die in the first 6 months.
Loss of feathers, broken bones and disease is common in cages. From the age of 12 months, the hens start to lay less eggs. At the age of 14 to 18 months, they are killed and replaced. In natural conditions, chickens live for 5 to 10 years.
Sparkle is not an egg machine! She is an intelligent and social bird, who´s needs are not being met in cage systems.
The cheapest way to produce eggs is in cages because in order to cut expenses, the hens are robbed from space and possibility to perform their natural behaviors.
The number of individuals in the egg industry is enormous. If hens would only be kept in conditions where their welfare is guaranteed, there would be a lot less suffering.
People of Estonia do not support hens being kept in cruel cages!
According to the Kantar Emor public opinion survey conducted in March of 2021, 75% of the population of Estonia does not support hens being kept in cages.
82% of the eggs produced in Estonia come from cage systems. Close to a million hens in Estonia live in cages. They need our help right now!
Help Estonia stop the usage of cages in the egg industry!
Nähtamatud Loomad works with companies in the food sector in order to help them cut caged eggs from their supply chains. We are raising public awareness and persuading the food industry to commit to going cage free in 2025 at the latest. Close to a hundred companies in Estonia have already joined the movement.
Now we are working towards stoping the usage of cagesin the egg industry in Estonia!
Donate and be a hero for the egg-laying hens
Your donations will be used to print out leaflets explaining how to read the egg code, publishing articles, for the IT and legal expenses, buying advertising, transportation, conducting public opinion surveys, negotiations, creating videos and so on.
Nähtamatud Loomad is raising the well-being standards in intensive farming that is currently setting aside the needs of animals for profit. All animals need our protection, care and love!
- 5 € allows us to pay for transportation to get to negotiations and print out a 100 leaflets to raise awareness of the welfare problems of caged hens.
- 10 € gives us the opportunity to maintain campaign websites for a month or to set up social media adverts to expose the egg industry.
- 15 € lets us print out industry reports on going cage free for food sector companies and to print out a 1000 egg code leaflets to let people know how to buy cage free eggs.
- 25 € allows us to put up an opinion article on the realities of the egg industry to raise awareness of the welfare problems of caged hens.
- 50 € gives us the opportunity to buy radio, web and street adverts to show that animal welfare issues are important in Estonian society.
The organization is included on the list of income tax incentive non-profit organizations and the donors will get back the income tax paid from their donation and the donations made by companies are tax-free (Estonian Income Tax Act § 49). Read more about taxes: Donating and taxes.