Estonian Association of Parents of Children with Cancer: help a child with cancer get better!How does your donation help?
Kui lähedal oleme eesmärgi saavutamisele?
How does your donation help?
Being diagnosed with cancer is a traumatic experience for both the child and the entire family. Cancer treatment tends to take a very long time and often requires total commitment from at least one of the parents. This is why many families need advice and support to cope with the condition and treatment of their child. Based on members of our association and experts, we have created a support centre and support network for children with cancer and their families to provide:
- families with experiential counselling and support;
- psychological counselling;
- activity and art therapies during hospitalisation;
- compensation for transportation costs if treatment is provided outside of Estonia;
- support for grieving parents;
- supportive communal activities (therapy workshops, lectures and meetings for parents and joint events for children in hospital).
The Estonian Association of Parents of Children with Cancer was established in 1992 to support all families in Estonia that have or have had a child diagnosed with cancer.
- Donate €5 – support the work of creative therapists in the haematology and oncology departments in Tallinn and Tartu (every 5 euros pays for 15 minutes of creative therapy in a hospital).
- Donate €10 – give a child with cancer and their family access to the service of a psychologist or another professional in order to enable a parent to maximise their contribution to their child’s treatment (every 10 euros pays for 30 minutes of therapeutic counselling).
- Donate €25 – support the treatment of multiple children by helping to deliver urgent test samples (by 24-hour special transport) to Finnish or Danish labs for tests, which cannot be performed in Estonia.
The organization is included on the list of income tax incentive non-profit organizations and the donors will get back the income tax paid from their donation and the donations made by companies are tax-free (Estonian Income Tax Act § 49). Read more about taxes: Donating and taxes.