Rescue Association: Prompt rescue response everywhere in EstoniaHow does your donation help?
Kui lähedal oleme eesmärgi saavutamisele?
How does your donation help?
The Rescue Association is a representative organisation of the Estonian volunteer rescue associations. We have 128 member associations that operate in the fields of fire rescue, maritime rescue, dog rescue, water rescue, rope rescue, human search, prevention, and many other areas of rescue work. In total, the Rescue Association represents over 3,000 voluntary rescuers.
Prompt rescue efforts outside Tallinn, Tartu and other larger settlements rely on voluntary rescuers. Our volunteers respond to the following incidents:
- residential fires
- maritime emergencies
- traffic accidents
- dead grass and forest fires
- hazardous environmental pollution
The rescuers volunteer their skills and time 24/7. In terms of equipment (vehicles, boats, stretchers) and running costs (fuel, depot utility services, tools), voluntary rescuers depend mainly on the goodwill of the government, local communities and supporters.
What can be done for a donation of €5, €10 and €25:
- €5 – the cost of one smoke detector that can be installed, in cooperation with the local government, in the home of a family at risk
- €10 – the cost of a pair of work gloves that is a much needed consumablearticle in rescue work
- €25 – the cost of 15 litres of fuel, which would extend the response range of a volunteer unit by about 25 kilometers
The organization is included on the list of income tax incentive non-profit organizations and the donors will get back the income tax paid from their donation and the donations made by companies are tax-free (Estonian Income Tax Act § 49). Read more about taxes: Donating and taxes.